Healthy No-Bake Brownie Bites
Healthy No-Bake Brownie Bites- made with just 7 ingredients, these fudgy bites are the perfect healthy treat!
Do you ever find yourself wanting just a little bite of something sweet after you eat? Like just to leave behind a pleasant flavor on your tastebuds for a while?
Well then, I’ve got the perfect treat for you!. These Healthy No-Bake Brownie Bites are so rich and fudgy that all you need is one to satisfy your craving. Plus they’re made with wholesome ingredients that will keep your blood sugar from crashing 10 minutes after you eat them.
No-Bake Brownie Bites Ingredients
- Dates make up the base of the brownie bites, offering a soft texture and natural sweet flavor. They are also great source of potassium, magnesium, fiber, iron and many other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Walnuts are an omega-3 powerhouse which an essential fatty acid we could all use more of in our diet.
- Cacao Powder is essentially the less processed version of cocoa powder but either will work here. Besides giving the bites their chocolate flavor, cacao is rich in antioxidants and magnesium.
- Coconut Oil provides moisture but is not totally necessary if you aren’t a fan. You can substitute drippy nut butter, tahini, a bit of water, or possibly even extra virgin olive oil if you’re okay with the flavor profile.
- Vanilla Extract gives these bites a little more depth in flavor. I like to use alcohol-free extract for best results.
- Just a touch of Fine Sea Salt balances out the sweetness from the dates.
- Chocolate Chips makes them feel more like real brownies but depending on the type you use, they will likely add refined sugar to the recipe. If you want to keep the sugar as low as possible you can either leave them out or finely chop a dark chocolate bar that’s very low in sugar and add that instead.
How to Make Healthy No-Bake Brownie Bites
The best part about these is that they are super easy to make. You’ll need a food processor but that’s the only dish you’ll have to wash.
- To start, we blend the walnuts until they are finely ground.
- Then we add the dates, cacao, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Blend until a dough forms. You should be able to press it between your fingers and have it hold together.
- Last but not least, add the chocolate and pulse until combined.
- Using our hands, we roll the dough into balls and then insert them into our face. BOOM.
I hope you guys love these little fudgy brownies as much as we do! Please let me know in the comments if you’ve tried the recipe. I love hearing from you.
If you’re looking for more bite-sized treats, be sure to check these out:
- Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bliss Bites
- Turmeric Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- No-Bake Blueberry Muffin Energy Bites
- German Chocolate Hemp Seed Brownie Bites
Healthy No Bake Brownie Bites
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted (about 11 dates)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder, or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted unrefined coconut oil, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place walnuts in a food processor and blend on high until finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) and blend until a uniform dough has formed. Add the chocolate last then pulse a few times until evenly combined.
- Using your hands, scoop out one heaping tablespoon worth of dough at a time and roll into balls. Refrigerate for at least thirty minutes before serving. (refrigeration isn't necessary but it helps them solidify)
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to one week.