Easy Superfood Chocolate Pudding
It’s almost Friday! Let’s celebrate with chocolate…
Okay, let’s be real, I celebrate every day with chocolate. Some might call it an addiction. I call it love.
Naturally I was beyond excited when Almond Breeze sent me a carton of their delicious chocolate almond milk to create a recipe with.
The goal was to make something that’s as “Easy as a Breeze” and that’s exactly what this pudding is.
It’s as simple as placing all of the ingredients into a food processor and blending until smooth.
So let’s talk about the ingredients that give this pudding it’s superfood qualities:
1. Avocado creates a creamy base that offers up a serving of healthy fats along with nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. Using very ripe avocados works best to achieve a smooth texture.
2. Dates act as a natural sweetener while also providing fiber, vitamins and important minerals such as magnesium.
3. Chocolate Almond Breeze Almondmilk helps yield a smooth and creamy texture while keeping it dairy-free and low in cholesterol.
4. Raw Cacao Powder gives it a rich chocolate flavor along with a strong punch of antioxidants.
5. Maple Syrup also acts as a natural sweetener that contains polyphenols which have the ability to quell inflammation.
See? It’s basically guilt-free. ;)
I know some of you might be skeptical about being able to taste the avocado but I promise that you can’t. The trick is to make sure you’re using very ripe avocados. The flavor tends to be much milder and once combined with the other ingredients, it’s completely masked by the chocolate.
I prefer to add a touch of vanilla extract and sea salt to the mix then top it all off with coconut whipped cream and extra bits of chocolate, but that’s totally optional if you want to keep things simple.
I can tell you that for as good as it tastes and how healthy it is, I’ll never buy premade pudding from the store again. Plus it’s also be a great way to sneak in a healthier option for little ones too. They won’t know the difference as long as you don’t tell them! :)
2 very ripe avocados
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup Almond Breeze Chocolate Almondmilk
1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates (approx. 5-6)*
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
optional add ins: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract + pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Taste test it to see if you prefer the optional add ins: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract + a pinch of sea salt. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for a few hours to thicken. Serve cold. Store up in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If dates are dry, soak them in hot water for 15-20 minutes before blending.
This “Easy as Breeze” post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk but all text and opinions are my own. For more “Easy As Breeze” recipes made with five ingredients or less, visit Almond Breeze on: