Easy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Easy Chocolate Avocado Pudding- This simple chocolate pudding takes less than 10 minutes to make. Decadent and packed with healthy fats, it’s sure to become your new favorite dessert!
I have a confession…I’m obsessed with avocado pudding.
I even have a little song and dance that I do before I eat it. Thankfully Brandon is the only person who witnesses this performance because it’s mildly embarrassing. But I can’t help myself. It just makes me so dang happy.
I have a feeling you’ll do the same thing, especially once you see how delicious it is and how easy it is to make!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Ingredients
So let’s talk about the ingredients that give this chocolate pudding it’s superfood qualities:
- Avocado creates a creamy base that offers up a serving of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids along with a host of vitamins and minerals including magnesium, B-6 and folate.
- Raw Cacao Powder gives it a rich chocolate flavor along with a strong punch of antioxidants. Unsweetened cocoa powder will also work.
- Dairy-free Milk helps blend everything together while also adding calcium (if it’s fortified). I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk for the best flavor.
- Pure Maple Syrup acts as a natural sweetener. You can also use raw honey, date syrup or agave nectar.
- Vanilla Extract enhances the flavor even more. If you can find non-alcohol extract that works best here.
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Pudding
My favorite part about this recipe is that it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. All you have to do is combine everything in a blender. I like to use my NutriBullet because it does a great job getting it nice and smooth.
You might have to scrape down the sides in between blending to help it along and add more sweetener, milk or vanilla as needed. But that’s pretty much all there is to it!
I know some of you might be skeptical about being able to taste the avocado but I promise that you won’t. The flavor tends to be much milder and once combined with the other ingredients, it’s completely masked by the chocolate.
The trick is to use good avocados, meaning you want them to be green and a little soft, not brown or stringy. When they are too ripe or bad, they often have a subtle scent to them. If you can smell that you will be able to taste it. A good avocado has barely any scent to it.
For as good as it tastes and how healthy it is, I’ll never buy premade pudding from the store again. It’s also be a great way to sneak in a healthier option for little ones too. They won’t know the difference as long as you don’t tell them! :)
Easy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados, pits removed
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder*
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, optional
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract***
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides in between. Add more almond milk if needed to help blend.
- Taste test it to see if you prefer more chocolate flavor (add more cacao powder, 1 tablespoon at a time), more sweetness (add a splash of maple syrup) or more vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container for storing. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Serve chilled with coconut whipped cream or your favorite toppings.