Superfruit Refresher Cocktails

Superfruit Refresher

Happy Friday, friends! I thought we would welcome the weekend with a feel good cocktail today. How does that sound to you?

If you read my Four Season Wailea recap yesterday then you know the inspiration for these drinks comes straight from the bar at their gorgeous serenity pool. After we returned home, all I wanted was to lay by the pool again and drink more of those delicious cocktails!

Superfruit Refresher

That’s saying a lot for me too, considering I’m not usually a fan of liquor. I find the flavor to be too strong and it also has a tendency to give me heartburn. {TMI?} Brandon ordered fresh ginger margaritas which tasted insanely good but I knew if I drank a whole one that my throat would have been on fire.

So I guess that’s what really sets this particular drink apart. The liquor is called VeeV Açaí Spirit and it’s perfectly smooth with a subtle flavor from the açaí fruit. It’s not too sweet or bitter and it honestly tastes really good on its own, which explains the limited ingredients in the cocktail.

It’s ridiculously simple: a small amount of açaí liquor, coconut water and a splash of lemon and lime juice. That’s it!

Superfruit Refresher

It’s got a light and refreshing flavor that’s perfect for hanging out in the warm weather. Plus the coconut water keeps you hydrated. It’s a win-win situation.

If you’re looking for something light and fruity to take to your summer barbeques or pool parties then you should definitely try to hunt down some VeeV and give these drinks a try! They’re sure to be a hit.

Cheers to the weekend!

Superfruit Refresher

Superfruit Refresher Cocktails

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Total Time: 2 minutes

Yield: 2

Superfruit Refresher Cocktails

Ingredients

4 ounces VeeV Açaí Spirit

11-12 ounces coconut water

1/2 lime

1/2 lemon (optional)*

crushed ice

Instructions

1. Fill two glasses with crushed ice then pour 2 ounces of the açaí spirit into two separate glasses.
  2. Top with 6 ounces coconut water and then squeeze the lemon and lime into each glass. Stir to combine and serve cold.

Notes

*a splash of pineapple juice would also taste great!

• Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQ June 27, 2014, 1:50 am

I’m so happy that it is finally time for refreshing cocktails. Never tasted Açaí Spirit, is it made of Açaí?

• Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food June 27, 2014, 3:10 am

Ooh I bet I would love this. I’m not a big liquor fan, either, but refreshing drinks like this do look good.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Lunch at Grandma’s and a lower body workoutMy Profile

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 27, 2014, 3:36 am

This looks perfect! With the warmer weather I’ve been in a cocktail mood, and sometimes I just like something simple and refreshing.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…3 Years.My Profile

• jone mark June 27, 2014, 3:52 am

Ooh My partner and i wager I would really like this. I’m not a huge spirits admirer, both, but refreshing products this way complete seem excellent.

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 27, 2014, 5:07 am

This is something I can most definitely look forward to after the babies are born! It sounds awfully tasty!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…A Twin Gender RevealMy Profile

• Sarah @ Sweet Miles June 27, 2014, 6:25 am

This is like the PERFECT “sitting on the back deck with friends in the summertime” drink!
    Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted…SKOOP Review + GiveawayMy Profile

• Consuelo - Honey & Figs June 27, 2014, 2:19 pm

Nothing better than one of these refreshing cocktails this time of the year! It’s been sooooooooo hot today here – I’d definitely have loved me one of these drinks! Sounds lovely!
    Consuelo – Honey & Figs recently posted…Stone Fruit Barley Salad with Sparkly VinaigretteMy Profile

• Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness June 28, 2014, 9:33 am

Yum! I always find a glass of wine or a refreshing cocktail to be the perfect way to kick off the weekend.

• Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} June 28, 2014, 11:42 am

I’m like you and not usually a hard liquor fan, but your gorgeous photos are obviously convincing me that I need to make these. Seriously – so beautiful! If there were ever a time to drink these, this coming week would be it – we’re expecting high 90s here in SLC. Sign me up for one (or three) of these!
    Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} recently posted…Strawberry, Swiss Chard and Wild Rice SaladMy Profile

• Julia June 29, 2014, 7:12 am

I just got back to the U.S. and I’m thinking I need to ease into my post-vacation detox…which means I proabably need another cocktail or two…because I wouldn’t want to get AAAAALL the alcohol out of my system just yet ;) I love this simple cocktail! Coconut water is the best, and I’ve never seen that Acai alcohol before. Definitely want to drink this right now!
    Julia recently posted…Roasted Vegetable Teriyaki BowlsMy Profile

• Ashley June 29, 2014, 5:08 pm

I’m not usually a big liquor person either (I just can’t handle it anymore! lol) but these look pretty darn awesome. I may need to switch it up from my normal glass of wine :) Hope you had an awesome weekend lady!
    Ashley recently posted…30 Recipes You Should Make This July 4thMy Profile

• Isadora @ She Likes Food July 1, 2014, 6:50 pm

I’m usually a wine gal myself, I get heartburn from liquor too! But I love the idea of sitting by the pool and drinking cocktails and this one looks like the perfect cocktail! Now, I just need to buy a pool and go get some acai spirit and I’ll be all set!
    Isadora @ She Likes Food recently posted…Smokey Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Brown Rice Veggie Burgers with Curry Cilantro Mayo {gf+v}My Profile