South Maui: Four Seasons Wailea

Four Seasons Wailea 02

The last and final stop of our honeymoon was at the Four Seasons Wailea, where we arrived covered in mud from our adventures in Hana.

As soon as we pulled up to the driveway, we were greeted by welcoming staff members who offered to park our car and unload our luggage as they presented us with fresh flower leis. From there, they showed us to the check-in desk where cold lavender-scented hand towels and fresh ginger-mint lemonade awaited. Then the bellhop came around with our luggage and gave us a quick tour of the meticulously manicured grounds.

Four Seasons Wailea

The lobby and surrounding walkways of the resort are open-air so that you have a full view of the ocean and can feel the gentle breeze as you walk through.

Four Seasons Wailea 00

I mentioned prior to our stay that we were going to be on our honeymoon and they surprised us with fresh strawberries and chocolate along with a bottle of champagne.

They also upgraded our room to an ocean-front prime suite which had two rooms, two bathrooms, and a balcony with a spectacular view.

Four Seasons Wailea

Four Seasons Wailea 05

The king size bed was unbelievably comfortable. We looked at the label to see what kind of mattress it was and it turned out to be a Stearns & Foster that was specifically designed for Four Seasons.

Four-Seasons-Wailea-----_thumb8

They definitely hit the mark with that mattress because I slept like a baby! Now I want one at home.

Four-Seasons-Wailea------_thumb9

The bathrooms were decorated in a tasteful Hawaiian theme and featured an integrated sound system.

It was so relaxing to listen to Hawaiian music while we showered and got ready.

Four-Seasons-Wailea-07_thumb12

Outside, the balcony extends from the living room to the bedroom and it has two cozy lounge chairs to relax and enjoy the view.

Four-Seasons-Wailea-0_thumb18

We spent several hours in that spot, cuddling and drinking wine while taking in the beautiful sunsets.

Four-Seasons-Wailea----------_thumb_thumb

We also took full advantage of eating at the table on the balcony and ordered room service more than I care to admit, but it was worth it.

All of the food was excellent and I especially enjoyed the breakfast. I ordered the nine grain pancakes and fresh fruit.

Whole-Grain-Pancakes_thumb8_thumb

fresh-fruit_thumb8_thumb

And Brandon got the vegetable omelet and a side of yogurt and granola.

Eggs_thumb8_thumb

I know, it’s a lot of food but breakfast is my favorite. All the things.

We stuffed ourselves silly and laid in the balcony chairs for a few hours before waddling down to the beach. Four Seasons is right on Wailea beach which has clear and gentle waters and they provide complimentary chairs, umbrellas, towels and snorkeling gear.

Wailea-Beach-_thumb11_thumb

The snorkeling was great and we even got to swim right next to a sea turtle! He {err, she?} was so cute, I almost died. He acted like we were just another normal part of his day and then he pooped right in front of us.

Eventually we made our way to the adult serenity pool which turned out to be one of the most gorgeous pools I’ve ever seen. The views are breath taking and it has a swim-up bar, massage jets, and an underwater sound system. Plus they offer private cabanas to rent for the day and fully staff the pool with servers to make sure you that you have anything you could possibly want; water, fresh towels, drinks and food. At one point a girl even started passing out complimentary treats, some of which included popsicles and brownies! It was like Disneyland for adults.

We ate lunch in our chairs and ordered falafel {remember the gluten-free falafel I recreated?} and blackened mahi mahi tacos along with one too many cocktails.

Superfruit-Refresher_thumb11_thumb_t.jpg

I’m not usually one for hard liquor but man, they were so good! I had a hard time putting it down which explains the next picture…

Four-Seasons-Wailea-_thumb8_thumb_th

Side note: I’m going to post a copycat version for you tomorrow so keep an eye out!

We also tried out one of their restaurants, Spago by Wolfgang Puck and went downstairs right around sunset.

Four-Seasons-Wailea-04_thumb16_thumb_thumb

As we were heading to dinner, we were talking about the fact that we didn’t get any nice pictures of us together the whole time we were there. A few minutes later, a staff member popped around the corner and offered to take our picture in front of the sunset.

Four-Seasons-Wailea------------_thum_thumb_thumb

He took several shots and then handed us back our camera along with a card that stated he was in charge of guest photography for the resort. They literally thought of every last detail!

On our last morning, we took a stroll to the shops down a trail that leads out in front all of the major resorts. The views of the offshore islands were amazing from here. I would have loved to go for a run with that scenery!

Wailea-_thumb10_thumb_thumb

The one above is Lanai and the next picture is of Kaho’olawe. I tried to capture how colorful it is but my camera doesn’t quite do it justice. In person, it almost looks like another planet.

Wailea-01_thumb8_thumb_thumb

Apparently the land there is barren without topsoil or any permanent source of water, making it an undesirable place to visit.

Overall, I couldn’t have been more impressed by the Four Seasons Wailea. It is the most relaxing and beautiful place I have ever been and my only regret is that we didn’t stay longer. I will admit that staying here comes at a cost but it will be the best expensive stay of your life, trust me on this. It’s the perfect spot to treat yourself!

I really appreciate you guys allowing me to share our time on Maui! Sorting through all of the pictures gave me a chance to relive it which made me feel a million times better about all of the overtime I’ve been working to help pay for it all. But like I said, it was worth every second!

Have you ever stayed at Four Seasons?

• Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food June 26, 2014, 3:13 am

Gorgeous resort and views! I’m pretty sure as soon I stepped foot in that place I’d forget all about how expensive it is and just enjoy it. Sometimes it’s worth it to shell out some more money for a vacation like that!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Lunch at Grandma’s and a lower body workoutMy Profile

• Liz @ I Heart Vegetables June 26, 2014, 3:28 am

That looks like so much fun!!! What a beautiful trip :) I’m glad you both had a good time!

• Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate June 26, 2014, 3:38 am

Wow, that endless pool is amazing! Hawaii is seriously so beautiful. We ate at Spago too when we were there but stayed at the Grand Wailea. I don’t think there’s a bad resort/hotel in that area!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Rev3 Wisconsin Dells Half Ironman RecapMy Profile

• Erin @ The Almond Eater June 26, 2014, 4:16 am

Oh my gosh I need that Four Seasons in my life! And that pool! Your pictures are killing me (in a good way) :)
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…How to Make Crunchy Roasted ChickpeasMy Profile

• Ashley June 26, 2014, 4:51 am

You’re making me all nostalgic! We stayed here for a portion of our honeymoon and it was seriously the nicest place I’ve ever been to! Gah, we’ve made it our life goal to go back eventually : ) haha And that serenity pool – so so cool. I loved when they came around with fresh fruit or other random awesome things!
    Ashley recently posted…Watermelon Salad with Sriracha VinaigretteMy Profile

• Ashley @ A Lady Goes West June 26, 2014, 5:02 am

No, I’ve never stayed at a Four Seasons. I’ve stayed at a few Ritz Carltons before and the service is great. Love your pictures. A sound system in the bathroom sounds like such a treat!
    Ashley @ A Lady Goes West recently posted…A full day of eating in picturesMy Profile

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 26, 2014, 5:48 am

Absolutely gorgeous! I’ve never stayed at a Four Seasons before, but I’m thoroughly impressed! Everything from the room, to the view, to the service sounds top notch!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…A Twin Gender RevealMy Profile

• Christine@ Apple of My Eye June 26, 2014, 6:15 am

I am dying over how gorgeous everything is! I grew up going to Hawaii every summer with my extended family, and know from personal experience just how wonderful Hawaii is this time of year. Who am I kidding?! It’s wonderful yearlong!

You look gorgeous! Enjoy those drinks :)

• Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run June 26, 2014, 7:41 am

Thanks for sharing your honeymoon with us, Sarah. Your photos are gorgeous — that blue! The resort look incredible — definitely a perfect honeymoon destination.

Don’t work yourself too hard, girl… and looking forward to the cocktail recipe ;)
    Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run recently posted…Summer {2014} Bucket ListMy Profile

• Britt@MyOwnBalance June 26, 2014, 8:40 am

We stayed at the Four Seasons on Lanai for our honeymoon and it is one of the best places I’ve ever stayed. The service is impeccable and I loved every single second of it! I wanted to move in! My favorite is when they walk around on the beach offering fruit and misting you with Evian spray!

I briefly popped over to the Wailea Four Seasons to use their beauty salon and it looked beautiful! Lovely photos, especially of you two with the sunset!
    Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Summer Solstice: Yoga in Times SquareMy Profile

• Cailee June 26, 2014, 12:28 pm

This is soooo beautiful!! And breakfast is the most important meal of the day!! Why not enjoy a good one! What a fun trip! glad you had a lovely time :)

• Sharon June 26, 2014, 5:53 pm

I love looking at people’s travel shots and yours were so incredible! Thanks for sharing. The sunset one of the two of you is a keeper. You both look very relaxed. I will be staying at a Four Seasons this fall for the Canadian Food Bloggers Conference in Vancouver so, after this review, I’m really looking forward to the experience. :)
    Sharon recently posted…How to: Toast Nuts on a StovetopMy Profile

• Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQ June 27, 2014, 2:18 am

Oh my gosh, you must be missing this paradise a lot. I like the interior decor of the hotel very much. The surrounding is of course fantastic.

• Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness June 28, 2014, 9:39 am

Oh my gosh, the hotel and all of your pictures look SO AMAZING!!! Seriously beautiful. It looks like your honeymoon was just about perfect! :)
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Veggie Pappardelle BologneseMy Profile

• Becky @ Olives n Wine June 29, 2014, 6:05 pm

It’s official, I’m moving into the Four Seasons in Hawaii. Talk about incredible! From the bed to the view to the Hawaiian music in the bathroom – they seriously thought of everything! I’m so happy you had such a wonderful honeymoon :) (And I’m also slightly jealous, hehe…)
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Summer Fun with Blue DiamondMy Profile

• Isadora @ She Likes Food July 1, 2014, 6:52 pm

I want to go there now! We’ve been slowly planning our Kaui trip, but everytime you post about Maui it makes me really just want to go there!
    Isadora @ She Likes Food recently posted…Smokey Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Brown Rice Veggie Burgers with Curry Cilantro Mayo {gf+v}My Profile