Confessions V

www.sunglowphotography.com

1. We got our wedding video last week and watching myself struggling to hold back tears while I read my vows is just a tad embarrassing. {if you want to see my cry face, you can watch the highlight video by clicking this link} But aside from feeling a little embarrassed, I love how it turned out and it is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

2. I signed up for a free trial at a ridiculously expensive gym so that I could use their saltwater pool for the weekend. I did actually consider joining the gym because they have a fun barre class but it’s only offered one day a week and their other options weren’t that impressive. I’ll stick to my Les Mills classes and keep my $80 per month, thanks.

3. We have salad + frozen pizza for dinner every single week and after years of the same thing, you would think that both of us are sick of it but not so much. We actually look forward to it. My current frozen pizza obsession is Amy’s Pizza Italiano. It is SO good!

Processed with VSCOcam with t1 preset

4. My dog has a recessed vulva. {sorry for the food-to-vagina transition there} Well at least she used to have one until we had cosmetic surgery done a couple of weeks ago.

I never thought I would be saying that I had to pay for plastic surgery on my dog’s vagina but it’s real life. Thankfully she’s healing like a champ!

IMG_1326

5. I’m still pathetically obsessed with The Bachelorette. I was sad to see Marquel get sent home, poor guy. I would have at least kept him around for more cookies! But she does have some really good guys to choose from. I think Nick will definitely be in the top three. What are your predictions?

By the way, I’m linking up with Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud so be sure to stop by and see what errbodys thinkin’. Toodles!

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 19, 2014, 3:35 am

Aww, poor Coco!! I didn’t even realize that could be a thing, lol. Glad to hear that she’s healing well!
    Confession: I’ve never seen an episode of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I’m ok with that.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Thinking Out Loud: What Health Means To Me.My Profile

• Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life June 19, 2014, 3:43 am

Poor Coco! I have never heard of that diagnosis before, didn’t even know that was possible! You are such a good dog mama, we have to do what we have to do for our pups! ;)
    Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life recently posted…A Country Club WeddingMy Profile

• Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate June 19, 2014, 4:02 am

Oh my gosh, Sarah…LOVE the wedding video! You two are so cute together! We are considering a videographer for our wedding, but they are so dang expensive. Everyone I have spoken to has said they regret not getting one though…

• Sarah June 19, 2014, 7:44 am

Thanks Katie! We went with an associate company from a more expensive videographer so we were able to get a relatively good price, but it was still A LOT of cash. If you have time to do some research, hopefully you can find a good deal!

• Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggies June 19, 2014, 4:28 am

I’m somewhere between feeling bad for Coco and laughing at vaginal plastic surgery for your dog. Glad she’s healing and feeling good, though!
    Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggies recently posted…Whole Wheat Waffle (vegan)My Profile

• Rachel June 19, 2014, 4:51 am

Your video gave me a nice cry over my oats this morning, it was beautiful! I made sure to tell my mom to check it out too :)

• taylor @ greens & chocolate June 19, 2014, 5:18 am

Beautiful video!! I’ve also been considering joining a pricey gym but just cannot bring myself to fork over the cash…I guess I’ll take my fresh air runs over a sweaty yoga sesh for now!
    taylor @ greens & chocolate recently posted…grilled zucchini and corn crostini with lemon basil whipped ricottaMy Profile

• Laura (Mom) June 19, 2014, 5:51 am

What a beautiful video….. I cried like a baby all over again!

• Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) June 19, 2014, 6:11 am

Thanks for sharing the wedding video, Sarah! It was gorgeous and made me tear up. haha. Not having a video of our wedding is probably my biggest regret of our big day. So happy you got one!

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 19, 2014, 6:22 am

Oh poor Coco! That really stinks! Hope she heals up quickly! I can’t wait to check out your wedding video!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…My Thoughts on Prenatal ExerciseMy Profile

• Consuelo - Honey & Figs June 19, 2014, 6:27 am

Awh poor Coco! :’( Glad she’s healing well though!
    You and Brandon do look adorable guys! xx
    Consuelo – Honey & Figs recently posted…Coconut Lovers PancakesMy Profile

• Raquel @ My California Roots June 19, 2014, 6:29 am

Haha, I really appreciate that you just made that awkward transition, and that you actually used the word vagina on a food blog. She’s a cutie, I’m glad she’s healing up nicely!
    Raquel @ My California Roots recently posted…Maple Oat BreadMy Profile

• Julia June 19, 2014, 6:57 am

You have a goooorgeous cry face!! I loved watching the wedding video. I was crying right along with you. You’re such a sweet couple and I’m so happy for the two of you. I wish we could bring it in for a group hug right now!!

Sorry to hear about your dog’s vag! That must’ve been a painful procedure for her! Fingers crossed her vulva is back in working order!

Love these confessions! Now I want an Amy’s pizza ;)
    Julia recently posted…Blanched Kale Salad with Sesame Dressing, Figs, and AvocadoMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 19, 2014, 7:24 am

Omigosh poor Coco! I couldn’t even imagine :shock: And I can completely relate to the addiction that is Amy’s pizza. She’s my go-to for when I’m feeling too lazy to make dinner on my own, and it’s always a good one :)

• Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon June 19, 2014, 8:10 am

I belong to a fancy gym mostly for the group fitness classes- but it’s only worth it if the schedule works for you! I need to try that frozen pizza ASAP, love that tradition you guys have.
    Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon recently posted…Oatmeal Breakfast SmoothieMy Profile

• Erin @ The Almond Eater June 19, 2014, 9:19 am

Poor Coco.. but the way you tell it is kinda funny haha I’m glad she’s doing better :) I can’t stand expensive fitness classes, though I REALLY want to join a barre studio. But they are so expensive!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #12My Profile

• Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps June 19, 2014, 9:45 am

Ok! So many things. 1.I’m literally laughing out loud right now. 2. I love love LOVE your video, we didn’t do one, because I thought I’d be all awkward, but I really really wish we had. 3. Our wedding colors were similar, still love them so much! GOLD CHIAVARI CHAIRS — a must!! My father and husband did not understand why we needed to replace the “perfectly good” chairs at our venue. Boys. 4. Yes, I’m still obsessed with the Bachelorette as well, although my flipping DVR didn’t record the first two episodes, so I’m still getting to know the guys.

• Sarah June 20, 2014, 7:19 am

Boys just don’t get it! ;)

• Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food June 19, 2014, 9:58 am

We have homemade pizza once a week and I never get sick of it either! Sorry to hear about Coco, I hope her lady parts are doing better. That’s so crazy!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Thursday is the new FridayMy Profile

• Anna June 19, 2014, 10:07 am

You and Brandon are so beautiful together! The video is gorgeous and you have the prettiest cry face ever. I’d be all red and wouldn’t be able to speak ;)

We have a frozen pizza and salad almost every week too! I’m a big fan of the Kashi ones. Have you tried them? We buy either those or Amy’s.

Anddd, I too have been really into The Bachelorette. I’ve never watched it before but I can’t get enough. I really like Marcus!
    Anna recently posted…Thinking Out Loud {6/19/14}My Profile

• Ashley June 19, 2014, 1:16 pm

Oh my gosh Coco! I didn’t even know they did cosmetic type surgeries on dogs!

And I LOVED your wedding video. That’s the one regret I have from my own wedding – we didn’t think we wanted a videographer, then changed our minds at the last minute, and well he was pretty bad. lol. We have a video but the way he edited it is just kinda comical, it’s THAT bad! We ended up buying the raw footage so I’m hoping maybe someday I can have someone else edit it : )
    Ashley recently posted…Eggplant Rollatini Quinoa CasseroleMy Profile

• Sarah @ Sweet Miles June 19, 2014, 1:57 pm

Hahaha your poor dog!! Cracking up. And I’m still loving the Bachelorette as well. It’s so ridiculously cheesy I just can’t help myself!! You’re not alone, my friend :)
    Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted…Burned Out, but Training For a 5KMy Profile

• Ami@naivecookcooks June 19, 2014, 10:14 pm

You both look great together!! I still need to get my Amy’s pizza fix!
    Ami@naivecookcooks recently posted…Homemade Marshmallows + Nutella-Strawberry SmoresMy Profile

• Becky @ Olives n Wine June 20, 2014, 2:40 am

Oh poor Coco! I have never heard of that condition before… maybe it’s because I have a boy dog ;) Does it hurt them if it’s not corrected?
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Enroute to Denver!My Profile

• Sarah June 20, 2014, 7:17 am

She was getting UTIs and vaginitis <

• Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness June 20, 2014, 10:45 am

I can so relate to #1, I hate watching myself on video! I give big kudos to all of the bloggers out there that regularly shoots videos, because I just could not do it without cringing 24/7. Actually speaking of wedding videos, I somehow lost my wedding DVD during one of my moves and reordered a new one that just came last week. I think I might watch it (and cringe at my animated gestures and dance moves!) this weekend.

A recessed vulva does not sound fun. Glad to hear that your pup is healing!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…IIN Chat: Deconstructing Food CravingsMy Profile

• Kathy @ Food Wine Thyme June 20, 2014, 5:50 pm

Oh Sarah, I loved the wedding video. It’s beautiful and sincere and romantic. Poor Coco.

• Sarah June 21, 2014, 8:44 pm

Thank you Kathy! :)

• Katherine June 22, 2014, 12:39 pm

You are such an incredibly gorgeous bride. You guys look like something I would see on Pinterest. No need to be embarrassed about a highlight video! Something as beautiful as that should be treasured/bragged about :) xx
    Katherine recently posted…Don’t Let Summer Pass You By! (A June Pep Talk)My Profile

• char eats greens June 23, 2014, 4:14 pm

The vulva talk made me laugh out loud! Oh, life!! That pizza looks deadly good. Of course I’ve never seen anything like that here in Canada because, well, we never get the good stuff! haha
    char eats greens recently posted…on the longest day of the year i…My Profile