Winter Favorites

IMG_3886[1]

I guess I dropped the ball on the whole gift guide thing. It’s probably because I’m soooo behiiiinddaah. On Christmas shopping, blogging, wedding planning, life. That’s normal though, right? We all feel a little overwhelmed this time of year?

Well tomorrow is officially the first day of winter so instead of a gift guide, I put together a list of my favorite things that help me survive winter. You know, because it’s always so unbearably cold here in California.

09093_BR6269

J. CREW Lodge Mocassin Slippers- I bought these slippers a few months ago and I am in love. They’re soft, fluffy, and super comfortable. I would wear them to work if I could get away with it.

juice-beauty-cleansing-milk

Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk- my skin tends to dry out in the winter so I need a cleanser that won’t strip it of it’s natural oils. This one is gentle and moisturizing plus I love that it doesn’t have any wonky chemicals in it.

03057

LUSH Mint Julep Lip Scrub- please tell me I’m not the only one suffering from chronic chapped lips right now? I’ve been trying to up my daily water intake to help but a little tasty lip scrub never hurts. The vanilla mint flavor in this one is ah-mazing.

FirstAidBeauty_UltraRepairCream2_600

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream- I just finished a bottle of this hand cream and plan to purchase a new one as soon as possible. Between working in healthcare and cooking at home, I’m constantly washing my hands so they are always dry. I keep a bottle of this on my night stand to apply before bed and it works great. Not only is it extremely hydrating but it’s formulated without harsh chemicals and the company doesn’t test on animals.

cn5509661

Athleta Polartec Powerstretch Low-Rise Pant- these are hands down, the warmest and most comfortable pants I have ever owned. They have a thick fleece lining and come in different lengths which is perfect for tall chicas like myself. They’re a little pricey but I bought mine a year ago and they still look like new so I think they’re well worth the cost. They also have skinny ones that fit more like yoga pants and they would be great for outdoor running in colder climates.

img78o

Pottery Barn Luxe Cozy Robe- confession: I sleep in this robe. It’s just so dang cozy that I can’t take it off! I also bought this over a year ago {without monogramming} and have washed it at least a hundred times but it’s still as soft and snuggly as ever.

IMG_3885[1]

Lentil Soup with Cauliflower and Cheese- holy deliciousness. My little lovely lentils with healthy veggies soaked in broth then topped with broiled parm? Heaven in a bowl.

23060_a_zoom

Mighty Leaf Chamomile Citrus Tea- chamomile is my favorite kind of hot tea but a lot of the blends I’ve come across have licorice in them which I am not too fond of. This one is soothing and has a very subtle citrus flavor. A cup of this + a good book = the perfect way to wind down on a cold winter night.

We’re off to a holiday get-together tonight so I have to wrap things up here. Enjoy your weekend!

What are some of your winter favorites?

• Nicole @ Quest for Balance December 19, 2013, 7:52 pm

Those slippers look amazing and that lentil soup sounds delicious. You’ve inspired me to try that combo. My list of things to try from blogs is getting out of control lol. O the troubles of food blogs.
    Nicole @ Quest for Balance recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday #5My Profile

• hillary | nutrition nut on the run December 19, 2013, 8:27 pm

those slippers look divine!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. December 19, 2013, 8:35 pm

Yes, yes, YES to Mint Julips! I seriously love that stuff. Have you tried the Honey Trap lip balm from Lush? SO good. And that bath robe looks absolutely to.die.for. Can you believe that I don’t even have a bath robe? And I live in the land of ice and snow, where something like that would be extremely useful? Is it too late to stick things on the wish list??!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #57 .My Profile

• Sarah December 20, 2013, 10:13 pm

I haven’t tried the honey lip balm but I’ll look out for it next time I’m there.
      You have to get yourself a warm cozy robe! If I were snowed-in, that’s all I would want.

• Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food December 20, 2013, 4:01 am

Your favorites list makes me want to give myself a spa day, then curl up by the fire in a robe and slippers!

One of my favorite winter beauty items is Trish McEvoy’s beta-hydroxy pads. I get super flaky skin in the winter, and that is the only stuff that can exfoliate it right. It’s expensive, but totally worth it!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Half-day HappinessMy Profile

• Erin @ The Almond Eater December 20, 2013, 4:40 am

Ahhhh that soup!! That looks so good. Soup in general is a winter favorite of mine. I love those moccasins….I have a pair but not nearly as nice. I should invest in a nice pair though because I wear mine all the time.
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…A Delicious Mason Jar FailMy Profile

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 20, 2013, 5:13 am

I definitely need a ton of moisturizer and lipchap in the winter – my skin gets so dry! I just got some argan oil, which i’m going to try adding to my usual moisturizer to see if that helps at all.
    And that bathrobe – it looks so cozy!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Five Things Friday 12/20/13.My Profile

• Davida @ The Healthy Maven December 20, 2013, 5:21 am

I live in my bathrobe. I think every delivery man in the city of Toronto has seen me in it. And that soup. Now I need cheese!
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…Random Ramblings #5 {Love-Hate Edition}My Profile

• Megan @ Meg Go Run December 20, 2013, 5:53 am

I have been loving the winter-y coffee creamers that have been out. :)
    Megan @ Meg Go Run recently posted…Did I ever tell you how wonderful my husband is? (MY 200TH POST!!!!)My Profile

• Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 20, 2013, 6:10 am

Nothing looks better or more cozy than those moccassins!!
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Easy Mexican 7-Layer Party Dip (Vegan) + Giveaway Winner!My Profile

• Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes December 20, 2013, 6:14 am

I love First Aid Beauty! It’s perfect for sensitive skin like mine. I’m going to be in the cold weather soon so I know I’ll need it. That robe and soup also look very inviting :) .

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat December 20, 2013, 7:15 am

Juice Beauty has some great products! I like their facial moisturizer a lot. Definitely checking out those pants! I’m always freezing, so the fact that they’re lined with fleece is totally awesome. I also like that they come in different lengths – I’m short, so at least I have some options.
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…A Holiday BreakMy Profile

• Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair December 20, 2013, 9:05 am

Those slippers look amazing! One of my current winter favourites is the Kiehls Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey whipped body butter. It’s so nice to put on before bed. You wake up with really moisturized skin.
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…Gingerbread Protein Mini Muffins {Gluten-Free}My Profile

• Amy @ Long Drive Journey December 20, 2013, 9:37 am

You know what I would LOVE? Some comfy workout/yoga pants WITH pockets. I never actually do yoga in them anyway, I just lounge in the house with them, but I talk on the phone a lot, and I use a headset so I’d love to just be able to slip my phone into my pocket.
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Staying Healthy During the HolidaysMy Profile

• Ashley December 20, 2013, 10:04 am

I feel so overwhelmed right now too! Wrapping up some work stuff before time off, blogging, last minute holiday prep … I love this time of year but it’s so darn busy! I just want to relax a bit : )

And I need a pair of those pants … I have one pair of like casual workout type pants but they are just not warm enough…
    Ashley recently posted…Spinach Salad with Fresh Cranberry VinaigretteMy Profile

• Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans December 20, 2013, 1:47 pm

Love all the cozy gift ideas! I am a big fan of warm fuzzy pajamas and slippers in the winter :) That tea is delicious!
    Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted…Food Lately: Whole Chicken Soup & Meal Prep ExperimentsMy Profile

• Consuelo @ Honey & Figs December 20, 2013, 3:52 pm

I’m making those cheesy lentils for lunch tomorrow! They look so comforting!
    And I love those pants as well, they sound so comfy! :–)
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…Rosca de Reyes (Spanish Christmas Wreath)My Profile

• Daniela @ FoodrecipesHQ December 21, 2013, 3:39 am

I love all these products and I particularly appreciate the deep cleanse action of Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk!

• Elyse @ Lizzie Fit December 21, 2013, 5:49 pm

Not gonna lie, I read about 3 gift guides and had enough. I like that you did something different and I love learning what my favourite bloggers are up to/loving lately :)
    Elyse @ Lizzie Fit recently posted…My Holiday Vacation Plan of AttackMy Profile

• Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com December 23, 2013, 5:03 am

That mint julip lip scrub could become my winter fv for sure!
    And I gotta checkout those powertec pants! Thanks for this product line up review!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Tad Healthier Christmas Cookies!My Profile

• Cailee @ http://hellohealthyeating.com December 23, 2013, 6:33 am

Those Jcrew slippers look so cozy and warm!! And that lentil soup looks AMAZING!! My favorite things? Big sweaters, hot tea and peppermint bark!! YUM!