Galway, Ireland

Holy moly, I’m tired. Can you tell? I just said holy moly for Pete’s sake. By the way, who exactly is Pete?

My four mile run this evening actually felt like a relief after the day I had. Work was extremely busy and then I had to deal with sitting on hold with my cable company for a total of three hours before finally getting the problem solved. My blood pressure was through the roof. Gah.

Sorry, I’m whining again. You guys are just such good listeners, I can’t help it. Thankfully, I had a Travel Tuesday post already put together because I don’t know where I would have found the time otherwise. Food lovers, I’m sorry to disappoint but I promise the goods will be back soon.

So the pictures I’m sharing today are from Galway, the city Brandon stayed in during his time in Ireland. It was overcast most of the time he was there but it didn’t rain at all which is supposedly pretty rare. In fact, there were a few days where it was actually sunny. {cue angels singing}

Have a Guinness when You're Tired

{Have a Guinness when you’re tired…don’t mind if I do}

Galway (6-2010) 024

Galway (6-2010) 032

{Fishermen}

{Galway Cathedral}

Galway (6-2010) 030

Galway (6-2010) 078

Galway (6-2010) 075

Galway (6-2010) 082

Roads Leading to Cliffs of Moehr

Castle Near the Coast (Atlantic) (1)

Castle Near the Coast (Atlantic) (3)

{Can you see the animals?}

Galway (6-2010) 013

National University of Ireland (NUI)

Galway (6-2010) 014

Galway (6-2010) 015

Galway (6-2010) 018

Ireland looks so green and pretty, doesn’t it?

Well, that’s all I have from his time there but I hope to get to go myself one day so that I can take pictures of all of the food.

Happy Tuesday to ya lads! (I forgot the Irish slang for girls)

What’s your favorite Irish meal?

• Jamie @ fitfortherun September 10, 2013, 2:42 am

Is meatloaf considered Irish? If so, that is definitely my favorite :)
    Jamie @ fitfortherun recently posted…What I’ve Been Up To & Another 13.1 PR!My Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:23 pm

Um, I think it might be. I really have no idea though! :)

• Amy @ The Little Honey Bee September 10, 2013, 3:24 am

Beautiful pictures as always. Wish I could jump on a plane and head anywhereeee. My parents would love to go to Ireland for the golf so I’m hoping to tag along… never too old to travel with the rents haha not sure about Irish food though. I’m not a huge beer or meat fan… will I starve?!
    Amy @ The Little Honey Bee recently posted…Treat YourselfMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:24 pm

I’m not sure what the food is like there but I’m sure you’ll be fine. You absolutely have to go if your parents go. You are never too old to tag along!

• Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggies September 10, 2013, 3:37 am

I think the lady form of lad is “lass”. Love the pictures! I’m *hopefully please don’t jinx it* going to Ireland next summer :)
    Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggies recently posted…Triple Berry MuffinsMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:27 pm

Ahh…yes. Lass it is.

Haha- you sound just like me with jinxes! Brandon will purposely say something to jinx it because he doesn’t believe they exist.
      But I’m like you and worry like crazy that something will destroy my plans. So, hopefully you get to go. :)

• Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures September 10, 2013, 3:37 am

Runs where you can just release all your stress and feel good are the best kind! Yay for that after a day of busy stuff at work! Gorgeous pictures! I had a dream last night that I got to travel to Europe (I don’t even have a passport!) and now I see this today… I think it’s time to start saving to make my dream a reality! Ha! I have heard that Ireland is exquisite and I would dieeee to be able to go there. :) Hope your day is less busy today!
    Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures recently posted…The 6 Biggest Annoyances of Running through AtlantaMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:29 pm

Traveling to Europe is like an out of body experience. The differences in culture are so interesting. Difficult to adjust to at times but still worth the experience. I think starting a little Europe fund sounds like a great idea!

Thanks for the wishes for a better day today love! I hope yours is great too! :)

• Davida @ The Healthy Maven September 10, 2013, 3:55 am

Hope things calm down soon! Two of my best friends are in med school in Ireland so a visit is definitely necessary. Looks glorious and GREEN!!!
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…Sprint & Stairs WorkoutMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:30 pm

Thanks Davida! :) You better get your butt over there before they graduate!

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 10, 2013, 4:05 am

I think it would be ‘lassies’ wouldn’t it? :-p And I would seriously love to go to Ireland, it’s on my bucket list for sure….I’ve told Eric that we’re going to need to do one of those 2-week-tours-through-Europe sort of things in the future.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Some Confessions for a Tuesday.My Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:31 pm

Yes, I believe it is lassies, thank you! I think you would love Europe, being the history buff and all. :)

• Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness September 10, 2013, 4:27 am

i would lovvve to go to ireland one day! and its funny, living in boston i’m always like “oh what a great city, its so OLD!” umm maybe for america but not compared to the rest of the world. i need to remember that so im not “that” american making ridiculous comments :)
    Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted…The Problem With Size 0My Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:32 pm

Americans have such a bad reputation at this point, I don’t think it will even matter! Boston is pretty dang old though. :)

• FitBritt@MyOwnBalance September 10, 2013, 4:51 am

Don’t feel bad! I say holy guacamole all the time. And Pete’s my husband! :) Also, the female phrase is “lassies.” I love, love LOVE your food posts but I also enjoy it when you switch it up. This post was especially nice too look at! I’ve never been to Ireland but hope to make it there someday. The photo of the castle is crazy cool. Don’t see much of that around good ol’ NYC! I totally feel you on the cable/phone issues. I have the same problem with my internet. Yikes!
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Seven Day Detox PlanMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:39 pm

Haha. Good to know who Pete is! :)

It was actually my cable and internet company, they’re one and the same. I’m trying to purge the memory from my mind now.

• Christine @ Gotta Eat Green September 10, 2013, 5:02 am

Beautiful pics! Grant and I want to go to Ireland so bad! Grant is Irish so it is on our trip list. We are currently planning our honeymoon to the Greek Islands and Italy, so if you’ve been there and have any tips, I’d love to chat :)!
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…Bridesmaid BoxesMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:40 pm

No, I have never been to Italy or Greece but I would LOVE to go. Oh Christine, you have to take lots of pictures to show us when you get back. I need to live vicariously through you. Both of those spots are at the very top of my list!

• Sarah @ Sweet Miles September 10, 2013, 5:18 am

Ok ok you twisted my arm. Booking a flight to Ireland NOW!
    Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted…Weekend Reflections & Day 1My Profile

• Aisling @ Sunny Side Up September 10, 2013, 5:41 am

Hi Sarah… Hi from Dublin… yes! do come visit, you’ll love the food, there’s great variety here. A “full Irish” is a traditional breakfast but definitely not for every day; bacon, egg, sausage, black and white pudding, toast and maybe beans and a grilled tomato!!!! We do have lots of healthier bites too, our brown soda bread is a favourite of mine.
    Aisling @ Sunny Side Up recently posted…Wedding WeekendMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:42 pm

Hi Aisling! What a beautiful place for you to live! The Irish breakfast sounds very similar to what I had in London. It’s different from the traditional American breakfast but still very good! I’d love to try the soda bread too, yum!

• James September 10, 2013, 5:50 am

Definitely not alone on that one. I would be pulling my hair out after 3 hours. I don’t even know how you lasted that long! That’s determination ha.
    Ireland looks sooo pretty. I mean, there is a CASTLE. I need to get myself in a set up like that 

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:43 pm

Yes, I was determined not to think about it for another day.
      A castle wouldn’t be a bad place to live, right?

• Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) September 10, 2013, 6:14 am

Ireland is definitely somewhere I want to visit and soon! I’ve had so many friends study abroad there, and they totally sold me on it.
    Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) recently posted…Wine of the Week: Field Stone RoséMy Profile

• Clara @ Southern Thintellect September 10, 2013, 6:22 am

Your pictures are gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to visit Ireland, that and Scotland are next on my travel wish list. My favorite Irish food would have to be Coddle Stew (the perfect hangover cure!)
    Clara @ Southern Thintellect recently posted…Marvelous is (NOT) AllergiesMy Profile

• Carly @ Snack Therapy September 10, 2013, 6:36 am

Gorgeous. Ireland is on my (ever-growing) list of places to visit.

My favorite Irish meal is Lucky Charms. That counts, right?
    Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted…Dear DietingMy Profile

• Ashlee@HisnHers September 10, 2013, 6:41 am

So gorgeous! Brandon gets to take the most amazing work trips. That is so awesome he gets that opportunity!

• Lisa September 10, 2013, 7:10 am

Ireland is kind of my dream place to travel! I hope to get there sometime within the next few years, it always seems so amazing.
    Sorry work was pretty busy, hopefully things will calm down by now!

• Tawny September 10, 2013, 7:46 am

Ireland is my #1 bucket list destination! Beautiful pictures!

After 3 hours on the phone a 4 mile run sounds wonderful! Great way to get rid of the frustration for sure :)
    Tawny recently posted…Welcome Fall!My Profile

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreatq September 10, 2013, 7:50 am

So, so pretty! What a gorgeous place! The views are amazing and you’re right, everything does look so green and so luscious!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreatq recently posted…My Experiences with AcupunctureMy Profile

• Angela @ Health's Angel September 10, 2013, 8:13 am

I’m dying to get over to Europe one day. I’ve only even been to Canada! Womp womp. I’d love some extra money to travel right now!
    Angela @ Health’s Angel recently posted…Coconut CrazeMy Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:55 pm

Actually, Canada looks like a great place to visit!

• Katherine September 10, 2013, 9:34 am

I’m going to Ireland next summer, so now you’ve got me reading your blog with a giddy smile on my face. I’m looking at universities in Ireland, so I’m really overexcited right now looking at these gorgeous pictures! It looks like an amazing trip!
    Katherine recently posted…Tuesday Thoughts.My Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 12:55 pm

That would be so cool to go to school there! Plus, you are so close to Scotland and so many other countries. How exciting!

• Katie @ Blonde Ambition September 10, 2013, 10:36 am

I visited Dublin when I passed through Ireland, but it wasn’t my favorite – I’m convinced I need to go back, because from what I’ve seen of the rest of the country I totally missed out on the best stuff! These photos are gorgeous.
    Katie @ Blonde Ambition recently posted…Treat Yourself TuesdayMy Profile

• Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life September 10, 2013, 10:38 am

Love your pictures! Ireland is definitely on my life list of places to see! :)

• Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food September 10, 2013, 10:40 am

Wow, it looks so pretty there! I’m Irish, so I feel I have a duty to go there someday! I’m actually not a big fan of Irish food, however, and inherited the Italian side of my family when it comes to my taste buds.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Caprese ChickenMy Profile

• Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} September 10, 2013, 5:56 pm

Hope your week only gets better from here! I recently had to make about 5 calls to Comcast to get our service transferred to our new place… such a nightmare. But 3 hours?! I can’t even imagine. You deserve a Guinness! :)
    Erica {Coffee & Quinoa} recently posted…No-Bake Coconut Raspberry Tarts (Can Be Vegan & Raw)My Profile

• Sarah September 10, 2013, 7:20 pm

Thanks Erica! Your comment made me smile. :)

• Alex @ Kenzie Life September 10, 2013, 7:24 pm

I was actually in Galway this summer! Ireland is stunning and SO GREEN…but that’s because it rains all the time :) I’m not a big Guinness fan but I do love hard cider so I had quite a bit of that!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Things I’m Loving (September Edition)My Profile

• Jan @ Sprouts n Squats September 10, 2013, 7:25 pm

Hopefully after all that waiting your cable is now fixed!!

I’d love to go to Ireland as originally my dad has some irish heritage.

I love Irish Stew or Guinness Pie :)
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…Trial Tuesday #18My Profile

• Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries September 11, 2013, 11:50 am

Everything is so much greener in Ireland! Even the buildings! Beautiful!
    Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries recently posted…CSA Box + Summer Cucumber SaladMy Profile

• Tracey @ Cooking with Love September 16, 2013, 1:24 pm

Beautiful pictures! I get frustrated with CSR folks on the phone that have no CSR skills!

• Sarah September 16, 2013, 8:01 pm

Thanks Tracey! I’m sure they all hate their jobs as much as we hate calling them. :)