Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas with Burrata Cheese

Apparently today was National Eat Your Vegetables Day. Hmmphh, who would have thought a day like that even existed? I mean, shouldn’t everyday be a day to eat your vegetables?

The answer to that question is yes, yes it should. (Okay mom, sheesh.)

Actually, did you know that, according to the USDA, pizza is considered a vegetable?

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (88)

Oh I’m sorry, we won’t even go into that mess. Let’s back up real quick…dooot…dooot…dooot.

Okay, I don’t know about the pizza that they serve in cafeterias throughout the United States public school system, but I do know that some pizza can actually be pretty healthy.

Especially when it’s loaded with delicious vegetables and fresh basil on top of whole wheat Naan.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (124)

I am seriously obsessed with my basil plant right now and you can find me sniffing it like a crazy person every afternoon while I water my plants.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (4)

Ugh, smells like heaven.

Heaven paired with rich and creamy Burrata cheese. Believe it or not, I hadn’t even heard of Burrata cheese before moving to Northern California. I tried it for the first time at a local restaurant not too long ago and loved it.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (19)

Just like mozzarella, it pairs perfectly with fresh tomatoes and fragrant basil…and corn, of course.

Can you tell I’m having fun with roasting corn and tomatoes lately? They’re so good together!

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (83)

I’ve actually made this pizza several times for a busy weeknight meal because it’s super easy to throw together. I’m talking like ten minutes (max) to assemble and under fifteen minutes to cook. Pair it with a salad and a glass of wine (optional, but recommended) and you have yourself a quick and easy weeknight meal!

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas with Burrata Cheese

• 1 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced (aka chiffonade)
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup fresh corn or frozen and defrosted
  • 4 pieces whole wheat Naan
  • 8 ounces Burrata cheese (could also use mozzarella or Italian blend)
  • 4 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons garlic salt

Makes 4 pizzas

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (15)

Preheat the oven to 350°F and lay Naan on a lined cookie sheet.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (60)

Layer corn, tomatoes and onion on top of the Naan then top with basil. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over vegetables on each piece and top with several dollops of cheese or with shredded cheese.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (56)

Sprinkle approximately 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt on each piece then place in preheated oven to cook for ten to fifteen minutes (until cheese has melted and vegetables look tender) and then serve immediately, while still warm!

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (98)

To give them even more flavor, you can throw a little more (uncooked) fresh basil on top after cooking.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (143)

I’m telling you, it doesn’t get any easier than this to make a healthy meal full of delicious flavor.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Naan Pizzas (147)

Yum.

Confession: I eat pizza every week, sometimes twice a week. I love to start with a big salad topped with nuts or boiled egg for protein, and then follow with a warm sometimes frozen fresh from the oven pizza (usually whole grain with veggies!) and a glass of wine. That’s my happy place.

What’s your happy place?

P.S. I read this article that says (good) carbs before bed can help you get more restful sleep. YES!

• Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 18, 2013, 4:36 am

This naan pizza sounds fantastic and is so pretty too! I’ve never tried burrata cheese before, but I think I’m going to have to! :-)
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…My Obsession ContinuesMy Profile

• Dana June 18, 2013, 4:37 am

These are so stunning! I cannot wait to make this! It’s all the flavors I adore. I’ve never tried Burrata. Looking forward to trying it!
    Dana recently posted…Weekend Recap ‘ ness’My Profile

• Beth @ Mangoes and Miles June 18, 2013, 5:08 am

Oh my goodness I LOVE Naan. Your pizza looks fantastic–I’ve never thought of putting corn on pizza before, but you’re making me itching to try it. I think I know what I’m having for lunch today!
    Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted…The only person you have to prove anything to is yourselfMy Profile

• Kathy @ Food Wine Thyme June 18, 2013, 6:53 am

Naan is such a fabulous bread to use for home made pizzas and yours certainly looks very appetizing. :)
    Kathy @ Food Wine Thyme recently posted…Meatless Monday – Chickpea CurryMy Profile

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 18, 2013, 7:41 am

Wait… pizza is a vegetable?! Seriously?!!? Well that’ll make it so much easier to get the recommended servings in ;) Seriously, though, these pizzas – just like everything else you make – look amazing. I’ve used pitas and tortillas as pizza bases before, but never naan. I’ll definitely have to try it some time!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. the stigma of healthy living .My Profile

• Christine @ Gotta Eat Green June 18, 2013, 8:19 am

Naan bread is perfect for pizzas! My favourite toppings are pineapple, vegan sausage, and arugula! Delicious!
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…10k Recap & Chocolate Cherry BrowniesMy Profile

• Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 18, 2013, 8:37 am

Oh my goodness, I am SO making these!! I LOVE using naan as a pizza crust :).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Magazine Monday: Soy-Sesame Lettuce WrapsMy Profile

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 18, 2013, 10:05 am

I’m making pizza for dinner tonight, and now you have me thinking I need some roasted corn and burrata thrown on there ;-) I actually haven’t tried that kind of cheese before, I’ll have to keep an eye out!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Not Superwoman.My Profile

• Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes June 18, 2013, 10:22 am

I didn’t eat my veggies on national eat your vegetables day….it was just like any other day, i guess ;) The pizza looks great! My hubby and I love to make naan pizzas
    Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes recently posted…A Good ReadMy Profile

• Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness June 18, 2013, 10:52 am

Oh my goodness my mouth is watering, I want that pizza for dinner! (actually I wish I could make it for lunch, im so hungry!) I’ve never heard of burrata cheese til now, but i love whole milk mozz so I’m thinking i would love it. i need to investigate and see if i can get it in boston.
    Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted…Hot Pots and Fro Yo (Alternate Title: Good Times with Food That Rhymes)My Profile

• Becky @ Olives n Wine June 18, 2013, 11:17 am

Okay, apparently I’m a day late to all of this eat your veggies day stuff! Good thing I ate a ton of carrots and peas and beans (even though they’re legumes) yesterday :) I love the looks of this naan pizza. Fresh, easy and perfect for summer!
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Marathon Training – Week 2 RecapMy Profile

• Sarah June 18, 2013, 12:58 pm

Legumes is such a funny word, isn’t it? :)

• Tracey @ Cooking with Love June 18, 2013, 11:19 am

I eat my veggies everyday, so high five to me! lol! I love this! Yum! Yum!!! Great idea to use Naan bread.
    I missed the Bachelorette last night. Ugh! Will have to catch up on the website. :)

• Tracey @ Cooking with Love June 18, 2013, 12:53 pm

PS: Good article on sleep. I sometimes have a piece of string cheese and a few club crackers about an hour before lights out and I think it helps! :)

• Sarah June 18, 2013, 1:00 pm

Yes, I was happy to read that too and think it makes perfect sense! :)

• Sarah June 18, 2013, 12:59 pm

Virtual high-five! :)

• Natalie June 18, 2013, 4:48 pm

oh gosh naan pizza sounds so amazing, and I love all of the yummy ingredients you topped it with!
    Natalie recently posted…No-Bake Strawberry Icebox CakeMy Profile

• Taylor @ greens & chocolate June 18, 2013, 5:07 pm

YUM! I’ve been seeings lots of Naan Pizzas lately, but this one is really grabbing me! Especially since my basil plant is out of control… Random question: what kind of camera do you use? Your pics are beautiful!
    Taylor @ greens & chocolate recently posted…strawberry avocado salsa with grilled salmonMy Profile

• Sarah June 18, 2013, 5:47 pm

Thanks Taylor! I use a Canon Rebel t3i with a 1.8/50mm lens. If you look back at my early photography (which is not bueno) I was actually using the same camera but I’ve learned so much about how important the right lighting is and I think that helped a lot. It’s a work in progress but I’m trying! :)

• Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 18, 2013, 5:46 pm

That cheese looks incredible! I could just eat that and be very happy. My happy place is a glass of red wine and a cheese platter, yummy!

I had to once again skip over your comments on The Bachelorette as watching tonight hopefully :) (Very excited though)
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…Trial Tuesdays #6My Profile

• dishing up the dirt June 19, 2013, 7:30 am

This looks fantastic lady! I cannot wait until we have fresh tomatoes so I can whip up this pizza!! love it
    dishing up the dirt recently posted…garlicky kale with roasted carrots and tahini sauceMy Profile

• Sarah June 19, 2013, 11:16 am

Thanks Andrea! I did a post a few days back on a documentary that I watched regarding organic farming and it made me think of you! It is called “In Organic We Trust”- you should check it out. It made me fall even deeper in love with what you do! :)

• Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggies June 19, 2013, 7:44 am

This pizza sounds sooo good. Corn on pizza? Om nom nom. I’ve never seen burrata cheese, but it sounds amazing — and it’s hard to find a cheese I wont like!
    Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggies recently posted…Nutella Striped Banana BreadMy Profile

• Tara June 19, 2013, 8:26 am

Wow, I really love this recipe. I love making pizza on flatbread/naan to change it up. Burrata seems perfect, I wish my boyfriend liked it more. He won’t touch anything that slightly resembles mayo, he’s so weird! It makes ordering apps a little difficult. ;)
    Tara recently posted…Herb Chicken CrockpotMy Profile

• Sarah June 19, 2013, 11:17 am

Haha, that’s so funny! Yeah, I can imagine that would complicate things. :)

• Sara @ Fit.Fun.Femme. June 19, 2013, 8:43 am

This looks AMAZING! Every recipe you post is right up my alley. This is definitely being served next week!

• Sarah June 19, 2013, 11:18 am

Thanks Sarah! They’re so easy to make, I hope you like them! :)

• Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 19, 2013, 4:31 pm

Okay, as always i’m drooling over hear looking at this naan pizza. I haven’t heard of this cheese but I do love fresh mozzarella. This would be the perfect post farmers market meal :)
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…WIAW #21My Profile

• Sonia the Mexigarian June 20, 2013, 7:38 am

My basil plant has shriveled up and died. I need to buy a new one.

And now I want some naan pizza.
    Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted…Super Muesli Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile