≡ Menu

Pin It Party + Friday Funnies

Happy Friday!! (It’s actually Thursday evening here on the Pacific coast but I’m pretending it’s Friday already)

Today Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean is hosting her second Pin It Party and I thought it would be fun to join in on the action this time around. Plus, I think we all can appreciate winding down the end of a long week with the wonderful world of Pinterest.

I am always looking for new people to follow so if you would like to start following me then I will be sure to follow you back! Here is the link to my boards: Making Thyme for Health on Pinterest

Without further ado, here a few of my favorite recipes for your potential pinning pleasure:

1. The Seriously Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie: I have made these beautiful babies more times than I can count and they never fail to satisfy me in every way. I use a mix of nutrient-rich quinoa flour along with Earth Balance (instead of butter) so you can feel a teensy bit less guilty about having dessert.

The Seriously Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie (55)

2. White Bean, Kale and Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers: a ridiculously healthy burger that will leave you body nourished and your taste buds satisfied.

White Bean, Kale and Sweet Potato Burgers 1472

3. Black Bean & Quinoa Tostadas with Mango Salsa & Cilantro-Lime Yogurt Sauce: these are like, all of my favorite things mixed together on top of a tostada. Try them, they’re freakin’ amazing.

tostadas 095

4. ‘Glow from Within’ Watermelon Juice: refreshing, delicious and full of vitamins that give your skin a gorgeous glow. It is the perfect drink to relax with outside under a shady umbrella this summer.

Glow from Within Juice (106)

5. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes: nothing says summertime like strawberry shortcake! These vegan cupcakes are made with rich and fluffy coconut whipped cream.

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes (7)

Okay, enough about food, how about a good laugh?

I love perusing the humor section of Pinterest (here’s a link to funnies I shared in the past) for a good pick-me-up and found a few recently that I thought were worth sharing:

81d50ab5c3319d2d082c8390313fe997

Source

I kind of feel bad for him but can’t help but laugh at how cute he is!

334688c8f6c2011b6e4c49001796cc7f

Source

I might be alone in this but the fact that it looks like he’s wearing a mask made me giggle.

f3e7787539aae87aec5e3bd67d066001

Source

Oh, Phoebe.

1a095860ab4375f12a859e077be3152a

Source

Sigh…the story of my life.

ffaa64dae112e83cba7429150b6ddf49

Source

Oh my gosh, I’m sorry, I know that one’s mean, but I couldn’t help myself.

25830bba8b9282f7bcc67fad91c5a5e8

Source

8329da51d9ca8ea58f24b823464e7a8d

Source

1284680aa8e5e847063060fbe94100d0

Source

aba316b909afa2587ebbfe1c2588853c

Source

That is just wrong…so.horribly.wrong.

And lastly, this one which was a tad too inappropriate for the blog but nonetheless, hilarious.

I hope you were able to get in a good chuckle! Have a great weekend!

What are your plans for the weekend?

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 6, 2013, 7:51 pm

:lol: Oh, thank you for the laughs, girl! The one with the clothes is so very me, and I can’t even believe how tacky Kim looks with those shoes. I mean, I’m all for looking stylish when you’re pregnant, but… really?! Some things you just can’t force…
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #34 .My Profile

• Sarah June 9, 2013, 7:58 pm

I agree, there’s nothing wrong with trying to look sexy when your pregnant but those shoes are just so wrong!

• Beth @ Mangoes and Miles June 7, 2013, 4:28 am

In love with all of these! (Both recipes and funnies. :D) I’ve actually seen the cone of happiness one before and my sister and I joked that when we get our puppy spayed we’ll do that to her. She’d probably get really mad and tear all of them up once she managed to free them from her cone, but it’d be cute for at least a little? :)
    Beth @ Mangoes and Miles recently posted…Two Word ThursdayMy Profile

• Sarah June 9, 2013, 8:00 pm

Aw, it would be funny to do but I’m sure you’ll feel so bad for her having to have surgery that you won’t have the heart to do it!

• Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life June 7, 2013, 4:55 am

Okay, your post just made my day! I was rolling with laughter at all of the humor photos, and am now starving thanks to all your food pins. What a great way to start my morning! ;)

I think I need to join in on the pin-it party next week since I make new Pinterest recipes every week! I am obsessed!

• Dana June 7, 2013, 5:03 am

OMG these funnies were great! I died at the Pheobe, the mom, BOB one and Kim. Oh yes–that’s just sad and horrid all at the same time!
    Dana recently posted…Most Popular RecipesMy Profile

• Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness June 7, 2013, 5:54 am

HAHA! thanks for the laugh this morning! and ah poor kim kardashian- like, if i have edema that bad when im pregnant i hope i have the sense to kick my feet up for the duration of my pregnancy- there is no need to be upright that girl needs to lie. down. and i love that cone of happiness lol, have a great weekend!!
    Charlotte @ Commitness to Fitness recently posted…Foodstuff Friday- A Little BubblyMy Profile

• Christine @ Gotta Eat Green June 7, 2013, 6:07 am

Kim K looks so ridiculous in those shoes. I have been shamelessly following her pregnancy outfits for months now.. ahah. It just amazes me how she squeezes herself in there and still manages to walk a straight line.
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…10K & Chocolate Chip Banana Coco-Oat Bread (vegan and GF)My Profile

• dishing up the dirt June 7, 2013, 6:35 am

thank you for the morning laughs lady!
    dishing up the dirt recently posted…garlic scape pesto and egg toastMy Profile

• Chelsea @ Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen June 7, 2013, 8:54 am

Haha I love that episode of Friends! That show never gets old. Also I pinned your veggie burger recipe – it looks fantastic!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Pin It PartyMy Profile

• Carly @ Fine Fit Day June 7, 2013, 9:53 am

Just pinned the Veggie burger recipe – yum! :)

That ‘everything happens for a reason’ e-card made me laugh out loud, too.
    Carly @ Fine Fit Day recently posted…Fit Mama Friday – Meet AimeeMy Profile

• Sarah June 9, 2013, 8:03 pm

Thank you Carly! I’m glad you got a good laugh!

• Becky @ Olives n Wine June 7, 2013, 10:32 am

Those cookies STILL look like the best things ever. I love how thick they are! And thanks for all of the pin laughs :) Kim K’s shoes – seriously honey, pay someone to dress you! And that list pin!! I thought you were such a sweet innocent gal ;) Now I know otherwise and that you’ll fit in perfectly with Katie, Carly and myself! Happy Friday!
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…DONUTS! + Guest Posts + A Marathon + A Contest!My Profile

• Sarah June 9, 2013, 8:05 pm

Wasn’t that last one hilarious? I’m often told I seem sweet and innocent but looks can be deceiving! ;)

• Sonia the Mexigarian June 7, 2013, 12:29 pm

the packing is me as I attempt to pack for Vegas bachlorette party this weekend. ugh.

great laughs. very much needed. i am still eyeballing them cookies up top. mmmmm… when i get back from vegas….
    Sonia the Mexigarian recently posted…Blend Retreat 2013My Profile

• Anna @ Your Healthy Place June 7, 2013, 5:52 pm

I will take any Friends quote, any day! Always brings a smile to my face :). No sitcom makes me laugh as hard as Friends consistently did!

Love the look of those veggie burgers. I am now following you on Pinterest! I’m at pinterest.com/annawootton :)

• Sarah June 9, 2013, 8:05 pm

Thanks Anna! I’m following you now too!

• Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 8, 2013, 4:33 am

I don’t know how I wasn’t following you before, but I am now! Not only does your food always sound great but your pictures are so beautiful.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…pizza sauce failMy Profile

• This Fit Chick June 8, 2013, 4:49 am

I love this pin it party idea!! Just saw it over on another blog! those cupcakes are adorable!

Not much to do this weekend besides work :( !
    This Fit Chick recently posted…Why You May Need to Stop Following Me and Other Fitness GirlsMy Profile

• Sarah June 9, 2013, 8:07 pm

Thank you! Sorry you had to work all weekend, hopefully you have a great day off during the week! :)

• Deanna Segrave-Daly June 9, 2013, 1:02 am

Your recipes are gorgeous – I’m all about making healthy foods look and taste delicious. I just whipped up a pitcher of watermelon juice and added a little lime juice – so good. And loved your “laugh” photos – the Phoebe one is from my all time favorite Friends episode :)

• Sarah June 9, 2013, 8:08 pm

Thanks Deanna! Your watermelon juice sounds delicious! :)

• Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 9, 2013, 5:40 pm

Now I REALLY want some cookies!! ;)
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Seitan Tacos with Buffalo Coleslaw (Vegan)My Profile

• Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 10, 2013, 12:59 am

I laughed so much at the photo of the cat as well as Kim Kardashian squeezing into her shoes!

I’m about to pin your choc chip cookies, they look to die for!
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…Marvelous in my Mondays #12My Profile